Caring for you,
Caring for your family
About HSL Care
HSL Care is a growing and thriving company with a strong focus on delivering high quality care and support for individuals and families across Manchester and Stockport. We care for our staff in the same way as we care for our clients; investing time, support and care into their daily lives. As you’d expect, because we are a growing company, career prospects are really good.
HSL Care Ltd provides domiciliary home care services either privately or through the local government Public Health Services Departments across Greater Manchester & Stockport.
We are focused on treating everyone with equal respect and care. HSL Care excels in helping individuals with physical and learning disabilities and also provide 24/7 care for clients with complex needs.
Our team supports clients with a wide range of care needs including home care, personal care, light household duties, dementia care, rehabilitation care, and disability care for adults and children. We provide companionship, support with travel, social events and provide warmth and companionship to help improve the quality of life.
We often provide respite care for families to give them a break from providing continuous care for their loved ones. Our team embraces diversity and very often provided much-needed support in a client’s first choice of language.
The Care Coordinator Role is a key role within the management team of the organisation. You’ll play an important part in connecting the operational management of the business with the service delivery, carried out to support HSL Care clients.
It’s essential to maintain a professional manner, when working alongside office staff, care workers, stakeholders and clients who enjoy the high standard of service provided by HSL Care.
You’ll be responsible for conducting spot-checks in the field and monitoring quality of care. You’ll also be expected to complete care work within the field.
Working alongside Senior Carers, Carers, Stakeholder, Professionals, Clients and their Families, you will be managing cases. Your responsibilities extend to line managing and supervising senior carers in addition to providing managing relationships with responsible persons in the client’s home or organisation.
You will be responsible for ensuring that staff uphold Care Quality Commission guidelines and undertake spot checks, reviews and assessment in order to monitor the quality of carers’ work, together with the response of our clients.
We pride ourselves on providing a high standard of on-the-job training and part of your role is to deliver training to the carer staff team.
Care Plans will be monitored, reviewed and updated by you, in accordance with the circumstances of individual clients. You will also need to carry out OT visits whenever new equipment is installed within irregular circumstances; for example, when new equipment is installed at a client’s home.
You will be responsible for leading the management of the transition between contract handover to service delivery.
Because our needs are constantly evolving, you may also be expected to cover client visits in the absence of carer availability.
The successful applicant
As a senior member of the HSL Care team, you will need to possess the following competencies and skills:
- Interpersonal Skills: ability to communicate clearly, concisely, accurately and in ways that promote understanding. Ability to influence or persuade immediate departmental or functional colleagues.
- Planning and Organising: demonstrate the ability to organise multiple tasks in the most effective may and allocates time and energy in accordance to task complexity and priority.
- Project Management: takes responsibility for allocated project tasks and delivers these effectively.
- Managing Change: It’s important that you are able to manage and implement change to ensure continuous improvement of quality of care for our clients.
- Problem Solving and Decision Making: ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems, identify the key issues, establish and evaluate alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution. Is able to make effective decisions on a day-to-day basis, taking ownership of decisions, demonstrating sound judgement in escalating issues where necessary.
- People/Performance Management: able to organise own and others activities with an ability to carry out operational planning for a specific service area.
- Document Management: ability to work confidently with financial data, interpret reports and identify appropriate actions. (communication logs, folders).
- Teamwork ability: you will need to demonstrate your ability to work with management, staff, clients, families and professionals in a positive and helpful way.
Qualifications & Accreditation
- The care coordinator must complete the 15 Care Standards with a week of starting work
- The care coordinator must hold a minimum relevant S/NVQ level 3/4 qualification within 12 months of commencing employment with HSL Care.
How to apply
Apply online here, attaching your CV, along with a covering note. If you want to speak to us about applying, feel free to contact the office so we can help you make the right choice. We look forward to receiving your application and hopefully joining our team soon!
Salary Range: £17,000 -£18,500, depending on experience